I recently stumbled upon an interesting Yoga brain training exercise that according to it's developer can enhance ones brain function and fitness. It's called SuperBrain Yoga and is being used by doctors and teachers alike to improve peoples thinking and mental function. Improved grades and increased mental focus among people who practice Superbrain Yoga are being reported, even among those with mental disabilities.
SuperBrain Yoga is essentially a form of acupressure and breathing technique used to balance both hemispheres of the brain and bring energy up to the brain. It was developed by Master Choa Kok Sui who has written a book on the subject. The exercise is easy to learn, takes only a few minutes to do and can be done by almost anyone, anywhere.
According to the book, Superbrain Yoga by Master Chao Kok Sui, a Superbrain Yoga pilot study conducted by doctors in New Jersey with children ages 5-to-9 years of age possessing a variety of neurological disabilities reported the following subjective results:
- The children are more focused and ready to work.
- The children are displaying improved emotional states.
- The child displaying bizarre behaviors appears to have a normal behavior.
- The memory and retention of new information appears to have improved.
- The entire dynamic of the class has improved dramatically.
I've been practicing Superbrain Yoga myself for awhile now and can report improved mental clarity, focus and a feeling of calmness after each exercise. It's great to do first thing in the morning or anytime you need a quick boost of energy.
The video below shows people performing the Superbrain Yoga technique and provides some great testimonials.
A few important points to remember when practicing Superbrain Yoga not mentioned in the video are:
- Connect your tongue to your palate.
- The left arm must be inside and the right arm must be outside (over the left arm).
- Inhale while squatting down and exhale while standing up.
- You thumbs should be touching the front part of your earlobes, index fingers behind the earlobes.
- Perform the exercise 14-21 times, once or twice a day.
For more detailed information on Superbrain Yoga, you might also want to check out the book titled Superbrain Yoga by clicking here.